Lindon Farms™ is a category leader when it comes to food storage. Not only does Lindon Farms have some the best recipes on the market it is the first food storage product line to be offered in a simple rotating monthly delivery program. You can purchase an entire year supply at incredible prices or set a low monthly budget and build your food storage steadily over time. Lindon Farms is all about keeping food storage simple!
Our gourmet food specialist has developed our recipes with the culinary knowledge passed down for over four generations. Our chef's family was among the first settlers in the Wasatch Mountain region of Utah where European immigrants brought their recipes from the old country to create a rich, new heritage of fine pastas, soups, potato dishes and other specialties recognized throughout the world.
- Natural Granola
- Apple Blueberry Granola
- Pudding Dessert
- Freeze Dried Fruit Mix
- Italian Polenta
- Beef Flavored Vegetable Stew
- Instant Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Chicken Flavored Vegetable Stew
- Mac & Cheese
- Western Chili
- Hearty Potato Soup
- Mixed Vegetables
- Red Beans & Rice
- Whey Milk & Chocolate Whey Milk
- Breakfast Orange Drink
Lindon Farms; uses a combination of freeze-dried and dehydrated ingredients. In some cases freeze-dried is ideal, and for other items dehydration is most appropriate. For example, a freeze-dried strawberry is convenient since rehydration is unnecessary and it can be consumed easily in cereal or as a snack. Another example would be freeze-dried lasagna with meat where it is frozen, dried and packaged for easy rehydration. In soups and other mixes where the ingredients will be rehydrated in warm or boiling water, dehydrated ingredients are best. When space is a concern dehydrated ingredients can take up less than a 1/3 of the space that freeze-dried ingredients do.
The most important factors in long-term shelf life foods are:
1. Ingredients: Are the ingredients suitable for long-term shelf life?
a. For example: even in ideal storage conditions studies show almonds may only keep for 12-24 months before they turn rancid.
2. Moisture Free: Is the product moisture free when packaged?
3. Packaging: Packaging plays a crucial role in prolonging shelf life. Ideally packaging should provide an effective barrier against oxygen, moisture, light and insects.
4. Oxygen Free: Is the product packaged with an appropriately sized oxygen absorber?
a. While appropriate for oxygen displacement in most packaged foods you would find at the grocery store, a nitrogen flush is not sufficient for long-term shelf life.
An appropriately sized oxygen absorber will continue to remove oxygen for years if used properly. Be wary of companies with extensive shelf-life claims where
oxygen absorbers are not used.
5. Storage Conditions: a cool, dry location is ideal. Do your best to store your food storage items at or below room temperature.